QUOTES TO PUMP YOUR SELF ESTEEM
ALWAYS HELPING YOU TO GLEAM
ALL YOU CAN FROM YOUR CONSTITUTION
JUST FOR YOUR REVOLUTION
OF HOW YOU WANT TO PRESENT YOURSELF
WHEN IT COMES YOUR TURN OFF THE SHELF
THE MORE YOU KNOW THE MORE YOU’LL SHOW
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR NEW GLOW
Those who use sports motivational quotes to boost an athlete’s confidence before a game or contest know the value of motivational quotes and what they do for the confidence in athletes. They can also use them for consolation after a defeat. They are meant to be enlightening and encouraging, or comforting and light-hearted. Whatever the need, be it to lead the charge to victory, or to compensate for a weakness, there’s a quote relative to virtually any situation. Often these quotes are metaphors for life, as well as having a direct bearing on the sport. This could be why it’s so common to see famous coaches quoted in business literature.
While not every person who plays sports plays professionally, there are lessons to be learned even in recreational play. These lessons carry over into everyday life. This fact explains the popularity of sports motivational quotes and their prevalence in society. Athletes, even amateur ones, are known for perseverance, dedication, and drive. Coaches are known for bringing those qualities out in their players and athletes. So naturally, those involved in sporting activities are prime candidates to be quoted. The universal appeal of sports and the parallel to everyday life challenges make these quotes ideal motivators.
Lou Holtz, member of the College Football Hall of Fame who was perhaps the best college football coach had too many motivational quotes to list here simply for lack of room. Here are a few of them;
- No one has ever drowned in sweat.
- If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven’t done anything today.
- I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.
- Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.
- You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.
- You’ll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him.
Not only do these quotes apply to the game of football, but also to life in general.
Paul Bryant, one of the most famous college football coaches of all time, is a favorite candidate for sports motivational quotes. A prime example:
- “Losing doesn’t make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder.”
- Show class, have pride and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
- If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
- There’s a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success.
- There’s no substitute for guts.
- I ain’t nothing but a winner.
This last one is an excellent affirmation. To learn more about affirmations check out; The Power In Affirmations Of Confidence For Athletes. It is because of this universal application that many of Paul Bryant’s quotes are so popular in sports and business, as well as academia. Many other famous coaches are often quoted, such as Abe Lemons, Homer Rice, and Bobby Dodd. In fact, it has been said that Abe Lemons, winner of the 1978 National Coach of the Year award, may well be the wittiest coach most often quoted.
Maybe the most famous coaches whose name is on the trophy for quite possibly the biggest sporting event in the world Vince Lombardi seemed to never be short of his share of motivational quotes;
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- Winners never quit and quitters never win.
- Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.
- Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
- The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
- The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
- Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.
- Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
- Winning isn’t everything, but the will to win is everything.
As with all the other motivational quotes, other just isn’t enough room for all of them, but as a coach, the goal of sports motivational quotes is not to make history or to set records for being quoted. The goal is to inspire and pump up confidence in your athletes.
The fact that these quotes often apply to business situations, personal trials or other areas of life simply propels their use. Words alone are not enough to build self-confidence. You need drive, ambition, a clear purpose, and personal intention to determine a person’s level of self-confidence. Quotes merely help remind one of what can and has already been done and makes one more motivated to achieve it.
“THE MORE YOU KNOW THE MORE YOU GROW
THE MORE YOU GROW THE MORE YOU’LL SHOW
ALL YOUR CONFIDENCE THROUGH YOUR GLOW
IT HAPPENS WHEN YOU INTERNALIZE
ALL YOU CAN LEARN AND MEMORIZE
EVERYTHING THAT CAN PERTAIN
TO HOW YOU’RE GOING TO PLAY YOUR GAME
THIS IS HOW YOU BUILD YOUR CONFIDENCE
TO PROVE YOU’RE A WINNER, YOUR RECOMPENSE
IS KNOWING WELL THAT YOU CAN’T LOSE
AS LONG AS YOU STICK TO YOUR DUES
THE DUES OF TREATING PEOPLE RIGHT
TO MAKE DAMN SURE THEY SEE YOUR LIGHT”
Attitude Adjustment Academy